Taking your bicycle with you
It is possible to take your bicycle with you in all means of transport, provided there is enough space to allow this. You will need a bicycle ticket to take your bicycle with you.
- The €4.40 bicycle day ticket permits the holder to take a bicycle as many times as desired along the selected route (in both directions) on the date printed on the ticket until 6am the following day.
- The ticket is available as a network ticket for the entire SH Tariff network from €5.30.
For short journeys (below price class 4) by bus or Kieler Förderschifffahrt, the inexpensive single bicycle ticket is available for single trips.
Good to know:
- Taking a bicycle along is only possible when there is sufficient space onboard the vehicle and cannot be guaranteed. Prams and wheelchairs take priority.
- Please always park your bicycle in the specially-marked multi-purpose compartments. If these are not available, please use the entrance areas and areas with fold-up seats. Secure your bicycle during the journey.
- Only two-wheel, one-seat, non-motorised bicycles may be taken onboard. Electric bicycles (e-bikes) of a similar type as well as recumbent bicycles, tandems, scooters, Segways and Scuddys may also be taken onboard.
- Foldable bicycles that can be stowed like hand luggage may be taken onto trains free of charge. The same applies to foldable scooters (max. suitcase size).
- Foldable bicycles may be taken onto buses free of charge if they are stowed completely in a bag.
Please note: Deviating conditions apply to taking bicycles on board
- if the departure and destination are both within the HVV; in this case, the HVV tariff will apply.
- for journeys by bus only that start and end within the Schleswig-Flensburg district and the city of Flensburg; in this case, the tariff of the Verkehrsgemeinschaft Schleswig-Flensburg or the Stadtverkehrs Flensburg will apply.
- for journeys by bus only on the North Sea islands; in this case, the transport companies’ own tariffs will apply.