Taking your bicycle with you
It is possible to take your bicycle with you in all means of transport, provided there is enough space to allow this. You will need a bicycle ticket to take your bicycle with you.
- The bicycle day ticket (Fahrradtageskarte) permits the holder to take a bicycle as many times as desired along the selected route (in both directions) on the date printed on the ticket until 6am the following day. The ticket is also available as a network ticket for the entire SH-Tarif network.
- For short journeys (below price class 4) by bus or Kieler Förderschifffahrt, the inexpensive single bicycle ticket (Fahrradeinzalkarte) is available for single trips.
Good to know:
- Taking a bicycle along is only possible when there is sufficient space onboard the vehicle and cannot be guaranteed. Prams and wheelchairs take priority.
- Please always park your bicycle in the specially-marked multi-purpose compartments. If these are not available, please use the entrance areas and areas with fold-up seats. Secure your bicycle during the journey.
- Only two-wheel, one-seat, non-motorised bicycles may be taken onboard. Electric bicycles (e-bikes) of a similar type as well as recumbent bicycles, tandems, scooters, Segways and Scuddys may also be taken onboard.
- Foldable bicycles that can be stowed like hand luggage may be taken onto trains free of charge. The same applies to foldable scooters (max. suitcase size).
- Foldable bicycles may be taken onto buses free of charge if they are stowed completely in a bag.
Please note: Deviating conditions apply to taking bicycles on board
- if the departure and destination and the travel route as well are all and completely within the hvv area. In this case, the hvv-Tarif will apply.
- for journeys by bus only on the North Sea islands. In this case, the transport companies’ own tariffs will apply.